BBQ Pink Salt & Fennel Squid
- 4 medium-sized whole squid tubes, cleaned with wings left on
- 1 tbls Fennel seeds, toasted
- 2 Limes, zest, juice and wedges
- 3 Red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 Bunch mint, roughly chopped
- Murray River Gourmet Salt Flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the BBQ to high heat with the hood down.
- To prepare the squid, cut the squid in half, lengthways, and scrape the inside of the tub with a knife to clean. Score the inside of the tube in a crisscross fashion and then cut into pieces.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the fennel seeds, into a chunky powder and then add 2 tbls Murray River Gourmet Salt Flakes, and gently mix together.
- Sprinkle the fennel and salt mix over the squid, making sure it gets into all the cuts, set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the juice of 1 lime in a bowl with 3 times as much extra virgin olive oil and whisk together, stir in the zest of 1 lime, chilli, mint and a pinch of Murray River Gourmet Salt Flakes and pepper.
- Open BBQ hood, and turn BBQ to medium heat; place the squid BBQ grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes turning every minute to ensure an even char. Once cooked remove from the BBQ and place squid in the bowl with the dressing, toss gently to combine, and then serve with lime wedges.