Bredbo Black Garlic & Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 carrot very finely diced
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery very finely chopped
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves of peeled black garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of caster sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
Pour the olive oil into a large pan. Heat until hot. Add the carrot, onion and celery and sweat until soft but not coloured.
Crush the black garlic cloves and add to the vegetables. Pour in the chopped tomatoes. Add the tomato puree and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper.
Simmer for 45 minutes to an hour on a very low heat. If the sauce is too thick add a little hot vegetable stock. Check for seasoning and then add sugar to taste.
Recipes courtesy of Bredbo Black Garlic